After receiving a small Quad Copter for Christmas I had a few incidents of it going rouge and flying at me seemingly on purpose. This gave me inspiration to try and create an animation about a character trying to control a Quadcopter of there own and inevitably being defeated by it. I hadn't really pushed my animation abilities to any great extent when it came to 2D animation so I wanted to try and really go for a high quality piece of animation. The first thing I wanted to nail down was a solid, simple character design which could be animated in many emotive ways. After I had my character 'Ernie' (Later renamed to Eddie) I was ready to try and block out the extremes of the animation. I wanted to use the Extremes and In Between s sort of animation pipeline as it would let me really push the poses of Eddie and have some really funny scenes. Once my initial sketches were complete I was ready to begin creating the animatics and digitizing what I have on my sketch book. This animation will be done in full 24 fps and will have each frame hand drawn to really push my capabilities and challenge myself.


First Sketches of Eddie, I was trying to stick to simple shapes which would help with doing squash and stretch animation.
First pass of how I wanted the animation to unfold, trying to get some really nice exaggerated poses for the extremes.
I wanted to try and nail down what sort of character Eddie is so I tried to put him in various situations and think about how he would act in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment