Saturday, 18 April 2015

Final Reflection on Semester 2

At the beginning of this semester I set out to create lessons teaching story telling and animation principles to children using video tutorials as the media to do so. This was to give me a greater understanding of animation as I would have to break it down to the most basic parts. I have ultimately evolved my initial goal to creating a professional presence with showreels and developing more high quality animation. This hs not changed my goal I wished for at the beginning of the year of ultimately improving my own animation abilities, I have just found another way of doing so.

I am overall happy with how I have worked on this project although I really could have done a better job interacting with peers on Behance. I found it difficult to show animation development on what is ultimately a very visuals based blog site so ended up posting work to more animation centric forums. I have certainly missed out of interacting with classes mates but have also learned a many good lessons about putting your work out in the web where people really dont hold back with there criticism. My animation abilities have definitely improved since I began this project and I have a lot of new pipelines I can use in the future when undertaking animation work.

In the end i have ended up with something very different from what I started with at the start of the semester but I am glad to see where its ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment