Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Evaluation 2 Task:Tone and Shade

Out of two tonal studies done in class this was the one I found most successful. I find this shape provided me with a wide range of different tones allowing me to use a large spectrum of light an dark. My Image is representational of the paper structure and has managed to give a feel of a three dimensional object which is one of the drawings strongest qualities, however the line of the tables on the left side could be straighter and currently gives a curved look. Its quite easy to see where the light is coming form in the image which I have enhanced in photoshop to add to the effect. I find the largest challenge I was faced with was keeping the surface of the object looking smooth with it gradually going from dark to light although despite the challenge the end result looks quite good. I believe if I was using smoother, better quality paper It would not have been as difficult a thing to do. One thing I shall note for my next piece of tonal work is to have more confidence with extreme darks and lights as I feel I was too cautious when adding shade to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment