Sunday, 14 September 2014

First Evaluation Task:Perspective

Positive aspects from my attempt at this exercise where that I captured the sense of depth and vanishing point rather well and I managed to hold together the scale of things in the scene fairly well. The biggest difficulties I faced with this drawing was definitely holding together the various angles that the scaffolding jutted out at, along with making sure each layer of scaffolding was scaled against the building correctly. I have found my technical drawing with buildings is definitely not as strong as more natural objects as it leaves little room for error, I will try to practice with drawing building to strengthen my abilities in this area. If I were to redo this task I would start with a larger canvas to draw on as I was limited by the size of my A4 sketchbook and struggled to pick out small details like the scaffolding. Also I would quite like to take this further and enhance the image with digital software to pick out the important details and lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment