These are my first sketches exploring how I shall tackle the 3D animation Brief I have chosen to do, The main thing I took away from the brief is that its asking for very exaggerated movements for the animation so I will be focusing for the next while on getting good solid poses for each stage in the animations. I will try using video recording of myself as a way to see how these actions may be carried out in real life and then drawing from that for my animistic s and final animations.
For the sword swinging animation I want to make it quite comic with the wielder struggling to hold the swords weight and then losing his grip when swinging the sword. Theirs a lot of opportunity's to use the principles of animation and really playing with how exaggerated I can make it.
For the Magic caster I again want to follow a comic style with very ridiculous over the top hand and body movements ending up with a very pathetic final spell cast as a final humorous thing to happen.
I want to get a sense the wall running into character is running away from some monster or something so I can work with going from a very fearful terrified character to one who is dumbfounded by there stupidity for not looking where there going.
My river crosser will be very tentative crossing an exceedingly small stream and for final comic value will appear ecstatic he accomplishes such a small task.
I plan to use stationary single cameras for each scene to focus on the animation which is happening on screen and will also try to keep environments and props very minimal to have very little distractions on screen. As I am creating animation I feel I should also use this blog as a place to practice other forms of digital art namely digital painting as I wish to try my best to improve my digital painting skill so will be posting and critiquing digital painting work along with my animation resources.




No comments:
Post a Comment