Here's the reference image I used which I took last winter up Law Hill in Dundee.
Sunday, 19 October 2014
Snowy Speed Paint
In an attempt to improve my painting skills on the digital medium I tried to different things with this image which were slightly out my com fort zone, firstly I set myself a time limit creating this into a speed painting which I'm not normally confident doing, I also used a great deal of textured brushes which I have often struggled to do in the past. I'm very happy with the result of this painting I feel I captured the atmosphere of my reference photo well and used its composition to help my paintings to an effective degree. I have found one issue with the painting is that after painting a great deal of it quite zoomed out up close it looks rather messy and unpolished. Although I cant expect a particularly polished piece I feel If i had spent some time more zoomed in I could have tidied it up to an extent while keeping within my hour time limit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment