Thursday, 9 October 2014

Speed Paint Digital Arts Practise

With this digital painting used a mix of photo editing and digital painting. I wanted to try and capture a darker atmosphere than my usual work after being inspired by Mikhail Borulkos Work on Deviant Art. I feel I managed to capture that dark atmosphere I was aiming for quite well as I was trying to get across a strange otherworldly feel to the painting but also grounding it withing familiar sites by using photos taken from law hill. One technique I tried here was to use a hue layer which kept everything in  a similar colour palette of blues. I found this helped me use colours which worked well together as I often find myself using far too many vastly different colours which just look a mess. One area of Improvement is certainly the sense of scale I tried to achieve not only with the pylon in the background but also with the figure up front. I feel I integrated the back pylon quite well with the scene but the figure could do with some improvement to help look more like she is inside of the landscape. Overall this was a worthwhile practice that had helped me learn a few new techniques and I'm happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment